Singapore is the country with the best economy rate in Southeast Asia, What are the facts about the country ? see ” 25 facts about singapore ”
1. Singapore consists of one main island and 63 other small island. Most of these islands are uninhabited.
2. Singapore is among the 20 The smallest country in the world, with a total area of only 682,7 kilometers persegi. America 15.000 times larger than Singapore.
3. Singapore is including the populous countries of the world, with a population of 6.430 JIWA per kilometer persegi.
4. Singapore became the 117th member of the United Nations on the date of 21 September 1965.
5. Singapore's national symbol is a red flag that menyimbulkan brotherhood and equality among human universal; white menyimbulkan integrity and value. The crescent moon shows young emerging countries and five stars indicate the purpose of democracy, peace, progress, justice, and equation.
6. Singapore is a city with many green parks and gardens everywhere. Singapore is a "city in a garden / park" and also very clean.
7. Singapore transformed from a third world country with boggy ground into a top class modern city in just fifty years. Singapore became the center of major companies, high-tech, medical facilities, and so on.
8. Singapore's national flower is Vanda Miss Joaquim, which was first discovered in 1893 oleh Agnes Joaquim, an Armenian. The orchid is a natural cross between In. Terrace with In. hookeriana.
9. Merlion, fish-headed lion is a symbol of pride in Singapore. "Lion" represents the slaughtered animal that resembles a lion queen Sumatra, and the fish is a tribute to Singapore's history as "Temasek", hut laut Tua.
10. Singlish, a mixture of English patois dialect of China, Malay and even Tamil, have two words - lah and sinseh – dalam versi online Oxford English Dictionary.
11. Although English is the official language in the world of work and almost used widely in Singapore, but the national anthem of Singapore, "Singapore", is the use of the Malay language.
12. Flying fox and bat place in the world with wings reaching 1,5 meters can be found in Pulau Ubin, one of the main island of Singapore.
13. Singapore is a stopover place thousands of migratory birds that fly across East Asia.
14. The first night zoo in the world is The Night Safari located in Singapore.
15. Despite being a big city, Singapore is the largest exporter of ornamental fish (25% of the world market).
16. Bukit Timah Nature Reserve in Singapore is made up of many plant species than exist in all parts of the American continent north.
17. The highest point in Singapore is Bukit Timah Hill, is high only 164 meter (Singapore has a lot of flat land).
18. Buildings in Singapore can not exceed the height 280 meter. There are now three high buildings, OUB Centre yaitu, UOB Plaza, dan Republic Plaza.
19. Tallest man-made waterfall in the world, high 30 meter, located at Jurong Bird Park.
20. The world's largest fountain located at Suntec City Sungapura. Made of bronze mold which spent $ 6 million that was built in 1997.
21. Suntec City building built to resemble the shape of a palm tree that menyimbulkan "feng shui" good.
22. In 2003, Changi airport won the award as the "World's Best Airport" for 16 consecutive business magazine Business Travel UK / Europe.
23. Guinness Book Record record longest human domino circuit in Singapore on 30 September 2000 which is composed of 9,234 students and long reach 4,2 km.
24. The record knock down dominoes world level diraihkan by old Chinese girl 24 years in Singapore on 18 August 2003.
25. The record for the largest parcel game held Singapore on 28 February 1998 involving 3.918 students with unwrapping 1,5 x 1,5 x 0,5 m parsel.
for a more complete please go to the source below :
source : http://semestafakta.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/51-interesting-facts-about-singapura/